Ashley asked this question a few weeks ago, but the three officials at the Department of Transportation whom I emailed have been refusing to answer. [Sigh.] I was thinking we should all just assume that no, we can’t walk on the paths—a security precaution, no doubt—and that even if we could, the ever-present traffic cops would probably have a conniption. Last Saturday morning, however, I was crossing at Chambers, waiting at the median for the light to change, when a man hopped onto the path! He may have been a cop—the NYPD Memorial 5K Run was about to start—which means normal laws don’t apply to him. Anyway, right after I took this photo, he bent over and stuck a finger down his throat, so if you decide to explore the medians you might want to skip the one between Chambers and Warren.
Got a question? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Recent “Nosy Neighbor” posts:
• What’s going on in 157 Hudson?
• What’s the new painting at 153 Hudson?
• What’s up with 55 Warren/55 Murray?
• What is this P.C. Richard & Son Theater I keep hearing about?
• What’s the story behind the lights at 289 Church?
• What’s the Dream House at 275 Church?