Do you know anything more about the TJ Maxx that is supposed to open on Wall Street? I passed by and saw signs but no indication when it is opening. I couldn’t find much more than this article online. —Laura
It does seem to have gone under the radar, perhaps because the shop is in the basement of 14 Wall, making it easy to walk by without noticing. The company’s website says it’s opening mid-November, and the store is full of clothing. I emailed T.J. Maxx’s press people, who sent over this press release yesterday:
“T.J.Maxx, the nation’s largest off-price retailer, will open a new store in lower Manhattan on Thursday, November 17. The 22,197 sq. ft. store will be located at 14 Wall Street, on the corner of Nassau and Wall Streets. [...] Grand opening hours [on Nov. 17] are 8 a.m.–9 p.m. Regular store hours will be 8 a.m.–9 p.m. Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–9 p.m. on Saturdays, and 10 a.m.–7 p.m. on Sundays.”
Feeling nosy? Email your question to email@example.com and I’ll do my best to track down an answer.
Recent “Nosy Neighbor” posts:
• What’s above Babesta Threads and Frankly Wines?
• Where is the Special Forces monument going?
• Who’s moving into 151 Hudson?
• What’s going on at 172 Duane?
• Where is Compose’s pastry chef cooking now?
• What’s up with those Verizon carts?
• Where was the original Blues Bar?
• Who are the guys in the geeky pants?
• Why are the windows above Ponte’s boarded up?
• Can we walk on the West Street medians?
• What’s going on in 157 Hudson?
• What’s the new painting at 153 Hudson?
• What’s up with 55 Warren/55 Murray?
• What is this P.C. Richard & Son Theater I keep hearing about?
• What’s the story behind the lights at 289 Church?
• What’s the Dream House at 275 Church?
• How come every every film and TV shoot seems to have a trailer with doors marked “Lucy” and “Desi”?