Everyone on our block is wondering what is going in to the 73 Warren ground floor space that has been vacant for almost two years. The owner of the building, when asked, has simply replied, “None of anyone’s business.” We heard a rumor that it’ll be a restaurant and they will be altering the cast-iron façade. Can you please inquire? —Anonymous
At your service! It’s not really a restaurant so much as a prepared-food shop, opened by two Tribeca moms. They don’t want to say too much more at this point because they only just signed the lease (so the opening is months away). As for the façade, it’s one of the reasons they leased the space so even if there are changes forthcoming I don’t think you have a lot to worry about.
P.S. A prepared-food shop! Finally!
Got a question? Email it to email@example.com.
Previous “Nosy Neighbor” posts:
• Can you recommend any Tribeca picture books?
• Why are those shuttles on Greenwich?
• What’s coming to 15 Canal Street?
• Who enforces sidewalk-café regulations?
• What’s going on at 27 Desbrosses?
• What happened to the Lilac?
• When will those trailers on West Street go away?
• Do you know anything about 20-24 Varick?
• What’s happening to my parking lot?
• Is Pier 26 being worked on again?
• What’s up with Jin Market?
• What are those black pellets on Pier 25?
• What do the characters on 47 Vestry mean?
• When is T.J. Maxx opening?
• Where is the Special Forces monument going?
• Who’s moving into 151 Hudson?
• What’s going on at 172 Duane?
• Where is Compose’s pastry chef cooking now?
• What’s up with those Verizon carts?
• Where was the original Blues Bar?
• Who are the guys in the geeky pants?
• Why are the windows above Ponte’s boarded up?
• Can we walk on the West Street medians?
• What’s going on in 157 Hudson?
• What’s the new painting at 153 Hudson?
• What’s up with 55 Warren/55 Murray?
• What is this P.C. Richard & Son Theater I keep hearing about?
• What’s the story behind the lights at 289 Church?
• What’s the Dream House at 275 Church?
• How come every every film and TV shoot seems to have a trailer with doors marked “Lucy” and “Desi”?