••• The talented (and rather adorable) Tift Merritt is playing City Winery on Sept. 23; her new album is called Traveling Alone, and “Tift wrote it in the mornings on [City Winery's] piano before opening.” Here’s another favorite from the last record, although it’s even catchier with a full band.
••• From New Amsterdam Market, about tomorrow’s lineup: “We’re excited to welcome [....] Lonestar Taco, run by former Bouchon Bakery chef Wayne Surber and available exclusively at New Amsterdam Market, will offer both breakfast tacos and regular tacos. Black Tree Sandwich Shop, a pop-up restaurant that operates only on the weekends out of The Crown Inn in Brooklyn, will debut at the market with sandwiches like short rib with blue cheese dressing and raspberries, and summer squash with local feta, chilis, and mint, made with ingredients from New Amsterdam Market purveyors.”
••• Community Board 1 has only released the agendas for the first two meetings of the month. I underlined my two comments, and capitalized one, too boot.
7/3 Battery Park City Committee – 6:00 PM
Location: Battery Park City Authority, 1 World Financial Center, 24th Floor
1) Brookfield’s Art Program – Update by Debra Simon, Executive Director of Arts at Brookfield Properties
2) Battery Park City Authority – Update by Matthew Monahan, Senior Vice President of Public Information for the Battery Park City Authority LET’S HEAR ABOUT ASPHALT GREEN
3) Run for Knowledge, application for a Street Activity Permit on Saturday October 13, 2012 at 201 Warren Street between North End Avenue and West Street. Closure of streets from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM; event to be held from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM – Resolution
4) 102 North End Avenue, new application for unenclosed sidewalk café license for Signature 102 North End Ave LLC d/b/a North End Grill – Resolution What took them so long?
5) DOT Traffic Study – Update by Andrew Brokman, Community Liaison for CB1
6) Narrow Sidewalk / Illegal Parking on Warren Street between North End Avenue and West Street – Discussion and Possible Resolution
7) Bike Share Program – Discussion
8) September Meeting Date & Location – Discussion
9) The following notices have been received for renewal, upgrade, or transfer of wine and beer or liquor licenses:
• 2 River Terrace, application for renewal of restaurant wine and beer license for PQ Battery Park Inc. d/b/a Le Pain Quotidien
7/5 Urban Planning Committee – 6:00 PM
Location: Community Board #1 – Office, 49-51 Chambers Street, Room 709
1) City Bench Program – Presentation by Department of Transportation
2) Privately Owned Public Spaces (POPS) in Lower Manhattan – Presentation by CB1 Fellow
••• From New York Classical Theatre, which is performing Twelfth Night in Battery Park: “On Friday, July 13, we are dedicating Twelfth Night to the residents of Lower Manhattan. See the performance, hear about our plans to bring even more accessible Off-Broadway theatre to Lower Manhattan, and meet the cast and crew! Performance: Castle Clinton, Battery Park at 7 p.m. Followed by party at Battery Gardens Restaurant—Beer Garden (children are welcome). No RSVP is necessary.”
••• I came across a photo of Canal Street by Bill Rose of Recapturist.com, and he sent over a bonus one. “Right now it’s dedicated to the vintage neon signs I shoot while traveling around the U.S.” he says of Recapturist.com. “Soon the focus will expand from just vintage signs to an overarching Vintage America–theme which is what these shots will become part of. I understand that you may or may not care about any of this, but if you want to read more about it you can do so here.”
Comments are closed.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE E-MAIL NEWSLETTER