Of the 1,185 posts published on Tribeca Citizen this year, here are the 25 to receive the most traffic (in descending order):
1. Why Restaurants Hate GrubHub Seamless (Mar. 1) / Nearly three times as many page views as the next post (no doubt because it reached an audience far beyond the neighborhood). Still, it makes me realize I should work on that OpenTable post I’ve been mulling….
2. A Huge Crane Collapsed on Worth Street (Feb. 5)
3. Yes, It Can Happen Here (Nov. 12) / About men harassing women in front of Wolfgang’s.
4. Eataly Will Open in July (Apr. 14) / Or August, it turns out (see #9).
6. The Return of Pearl River Mart (Oct. 25)
7. The Rise of ChiBeCa (Mar. 24) / I was only using the term “ChiBeCa” to be pithy; I probably won’t do it again.
8. Where to Order Chinese Food in Tribeca (Feb. 2)
9. First Look: Inside the New Eataly (Aug. 2)
10. It Happened Here Again (Dec. 19) / About activists getting beat up on Walker.
12. In the News: Man Threatening to Jump from Building (Aug. 3)
13. Target’s Tribeca Store Will Have a Chobani Café (May 11)
15. New Kid on the Block: Target (Oct. 5)
16. Seen & Heard: Hank’s Juicy Beef Is Opening Soon (June 25) / No disrespect to Hank’s, but I think the main draw was an item about the percolating rumor that Trader Joe’s is opening at Sixth and Spring.
17. Loft Peeping: Gwyneth Paltrow (June 17)
18. Loft Peeping: Gerken Building Penthouse (Apr. 14)
19. Chik-Fil-A confirmed for FiDi (Nov. 10)
20. Loft Peeping: Elizabeth & Albert Watson (Jan. 9)
21. In the News: Quarterback Colin Kaepernick Bought in Tribeca (Dec. 5) / He subsequently denied the report.
22. First Look: The Beekman Hotel (Aug. 23)
23. Open Letter: What Happened to Our Whole Foods Store? (Feb. 16)
24. New Kid on the Block: Two Hands Restaurant & Bar (Mar. 3)
25. First Look: Pier 26 (Dec. 15)
In ascending order, here are the posts to receive 20 or more comments—which could include comments by me, if I was feeling illuminative or defensive:
22 comments / A New Home for Raccoon Lodge (Apr. 28)
23 / Kylie Jenner Just Bought a Tribeca Penthouse (Sept. 7) / Or not; see #14, above.
24 / Supermarket Price Check! (Feb. 23)
24 / Where to Order Chinese Food in Tribeca (Feb. 2)
25 / New Building Report Card: 290 West (Feb. 4)
25 / Seen & Heard: New Opening Forecast for Best Market (Feb. 5) / A commenter’s recap: “Jim ‘Bigmouth Jerk’ Smithers vs. A ‘I’m not the Big Meanie who started it!’ Blankety-Blank the funniest rumble in the comments section I’ve seen in years.”
25 / A Huge Crane Collapsed on Worth Street (Feb. 5)
32 / The Fight Over a New Greek Restaurant (Sept. 15)
37 / Yes, It Can Happen Here (Nov. 12) / About men harassing women in front of Wolfgang’s.
43 / Balthazar Alums to Open Bistro in Tribeca (July 1)
44 / Valentine No. 53 (Aug. 29) / About the very popular Harrison at Whole Foods.
67 / Why Restaurants Hate GrubHub Seamless (Mar. 1)
75 / Open Letter: What Happened to Our Whole Foods Store? (Feb. 16)