I’m trying to figure out if the block of N. Moore between Hudson and Varick will be cobblestoned or not. I can’t seem to find the answer online, the construction guys don’t know, and I can’t get an answer from any of the city agencies I called. Do you know? —G.
I emailed Community Board 1 to ask if they had a contact at the city’s Department of Design and Construction, and they directed me to Jamie Lauren Corssen, the community construction liaison for the Hudson Street Trunk Water Main Project. “With the information I have currently,” she emailed, “the Hudson St. Trunk Water Mains Project (MED596) does not anticipate restoring/re-cobbling N. Moore between Hudson and Varick [above].” Sorry! “N. Moore between Hudson and Greenwich [right] will be restored with cobblestones as part of this project, however this is because there is water main work being completed on that stretch of N. Moore. MED596 is a trunk water main contract, meaning the contract specifies reconstruction only on streets impacted by water main work.”
She then suggested I ask CB1 if they know anything more, but they didn’t. By the way, the HSTWMP(MED596) has a dedicated email: Hudsonstprojectccl@gmail.com.
Got a question? Email it to email@example.com.
Previous Nosy Neighbor posts:
• What are those orange awnings for?
• What’s happening at 73 Warren?
• Can you recommend any Tribeca picture books?
• Why are those shuttles on Greenwich?
• What’s coming to 15 Canal Street?
• Who enforces sidewalk-café regulations?
• What’s going on at 27 Desbrosses?
• What happened to the Lilac?
• When will those trailers on West Street go away?
• Do you know anything about 20-24 Varick?
• What’s happening to my parking lot?
• Is Pier 26 being worked on again?
• What’s up with Jin Market?
• What are those black pellets on Pier 25?
• What do the characters on 47 Vestry mean?
• When is T.J. Maxx opening?
• Where is the Special Forces monument going?
• Who’s moving into 151 Hudson?
• What’s going on at 172 Duane?
• Where is Compose’s pastry chef cooking now?
• What’s up with those Verizon carts?
• Where was the original Blues Bar?
• Who are the guys in the geeky pants?
• Why are the windows above Ponte’s boarded up?
• Can we walk on the West Street medians?
• What’s going on in 157 Hudson?
• What’s the new painting at 153 Hudson?
• What’s up with 55 Warren/55 Murray?
• What is this P.C. Richard & Son Theater I keep hearing about?
• What’s the story behind the lights at 289 Church?
• What’s the Dream House at 275 Church?
• How come every every film and TV shoot seems to have a trailer with doors marked “Lucy” and “Desi”?