Walked by 155 Chambers on Saturday and the door was open with a guy working inside. Looked like potential coffee/food spot. Had awesome dark wood details and subway tiled walls. Forgive me if you already mentioned this, but any idea what’s coming? —I.
I did the same thing as I.! I was walking down Chambers, reminding myself to check and see if anything was up with 155 Chambers—the narrow storefront, across from Kitchenette, has been papered for a while—when I saw that the door was open. I did a double take, just like it sounds I. did. The walls are subway tile, as I. mentioned, and there are rough wooden beams on the ceiling. I, too, saw a guy working inside, but unlike I., I asked what was up. He said it was going to be another Dirty Bird To-Go—the other is on W. 14th St.—and I got a sneak peek. Because the long space is so narrow, seating will be side-by-side, with an open kitchen in back and a big prep area downstairs. It should open in around three weeks.
Here’s the West Village location’s menu (click to read). As per the website, “Dirty Bird To-Go offers fresh, local, and sustainable organic foods in a casual setting [....] Dirty Birds are all-natural chickens. Humanely raised in Pennsylvania Amish Country, veggie fed and
antibiotic free.” The restaurant will also be on Seamless.
Got a question? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous Nosy Neighbor posts:
• What happens to old cobblestones?
• Are buses allowed to idle on Laight?
• What’s happening with the Verizon building?
• Will the construction at Hudson and Laight ever end?
• What is Esoteric on Walker Street?
• What’s up with the building under renovation on Franklin?
• Is N. Moore getting cobblestoned?
• What are those orange awnings for?
• What’s happening at 73 Warren?
• Can you recommend any Tribeca picture books?
• Why are those shuttles on Greenwich?
• What’s coming to 15 Canal Street?
• Who enforces sidewalk-café regulations?
• What’s going on at 27 Desbrosses?
• What happened to the Lilac?
• When will those trailers on West Street go away?
• Do you know anything about 20-24 Varick?
• What’s happening to my parking lot?
• Is Pier 26 being worked on again?
• What’s up with Jin Market?
• What are those black pellets on Pier 25?
• What do the characters on 47 Vestry mean?
• When is T.J. Maxx opening?
• Where is the Special Forces monument going?
• Who’s moving into 151 Hudson?
• What’s going on at 172 Duane?
• Where is Compose’s pastry chef cooking now?
• What’s up with those Verizon carts?
• Where was the original Blues Bar?
• Who are the guys in the geeky pants?
• Why are the windows above Ponte’s boarded up?
• Can we walk on the West Street medians?
• What’s going on in 157 Hudson?
• What’s the new painting at 153 Hudson?
• What’s up with 55 Warren/55 Murray?
• What is this P.C. Richard & Son Theater I keep hearing about?
• What’s the story behind the lights at 289 Church?
• What’s the Dream House at 275 Church?
• How come every every film and TV shoot seems to have a trailer with doors marked “Lucy” and “Desi”?